Monday, September 8, 2014

Week #28- really close to being a ward!

This week was pretty good, we were able to find a few less active members so we have been trying to help them come back to church. This branch is really close to being a ward and just needs a few more priesthood holders to be able to be a ward. The missionaries that have been here have just been baptizing people to have baptisms and the converts werent really converted so they dont come to church anymore so we have been working with them a lot trying to help them be converted after their baptisms which is harder than it sounds. We have had a hard time teaching our investigators because they are all girls so we cant teach them without having another guy in the lesson. It is really hard to find people to come with us to lessons because all of the men work. We have been trying to teach english in the church on Fridays but only about 8 people come, and everytime we teach english I realize how much English I have forgotten. It is pretty funny when 2 americans have to ask each other how to speak english when they are the teachers. We have a big area, and we just have the 4 elders in our zone there are only 2 sister missionaries because this zone isnt the safest zone in the mission (and don't worry we haven't had any problems so far and I am twice as big as everyone). The weather has been about the same it is hot during the day and really cold at night. This week we did a little bit of service and we tore down a wall in someones house to make more room. It was pretty cool the bricks are just held together by dried mud so it wasnt to hard to break down, but it made a huge mess. Luckily the family has 3 daughters that helped us clean up the mess. I have been reading the Book of Mormon for my personal study for a while now and I am in Alma 41 now, I have learned so much from reading and I love my study journal. It is really going to help me when I have to give a lesson when I get home haha.

Love Elder Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment